Friday, February 07, 2003

last: bellingham, washington. probably the most depressing place in the fucking universe. the whole place was cold and the people were sad and mean and drunk. when we left this morning i went into this diner place and there was an old woman who had to be 80 playing some bizzare lotto machine that looked like a men's room condom dispenser, frantically putting in nickels and pulling out little strips of paper that she put into piles. then she did it again. she seemed really angry and the machine got stuck two or three times during the 45 seconds i was watching her and i thought her head was going to fall off and roll along the floor. the place is like 10 miles from the canadian border and my guess is that these are the people who they won't even let into canada, which is pretty hard.

current: internet cafe in seattle. vera project tonight. then home. thank god. i think I'm going to be sick for a week recovering when i get back to LA. which is fine. I've had a great time and have a zillion pictures and have shaken the wanderlust out of my system. take me home.

next: drop the boys off at the airport and head home. 20 hours of solo driving. i might just drive off a cliff into the ocean. if anyone who reads this has a warm couch between seattle and los angeles, let me know. my cell phone number is 213-268-5685. call me.

No comments: