Thursday, September 09, 2004

blaow! how you like me now
was clinton's an 'honorable' discharge?

ABCNEWS.com : ABC News' The Note: First Source for Political News

a few things:
1) the note, linked above, is certainly, at least for my tastes, the most valuable daily political jump-off out there. my gut tells me that the majority of the poltical reporters out there read it every day, and it's a great way to get the backstory to the headlines. if you care, and you should, you should read it. especially those of you in journalism school, but I know that I don't have to tell you that.

2) it's a bit phony for republicans to answer all investigations of bush's guard service with a reference to his honorable discharge after the 'purple heart' band-aids floating around their convention.

3) that's twice that debates here at Wash U have been cancelled the year I show up (clinton pulled out of the '96 debate). sorry if i jinxed it.

4) i'd like to welcome the counter-trey back to the NFL. thank you, joe gibbs. now will the new cornerback rules make the eagles lack of a secondary devastating or meaningless to their defense? answer that question for me, and I'll be able to handicap the NFC east with awesome and terrifying precision.

No comments: