Friday, November 15, 2002

idea for a 'novel'

so the last few nights I've been kicking around an idea in my head for a project I'd like to do within the next 2 years. I want to do 7 days of intense interviews (8 hours a day at least) of one of my friends. someone I know well, but not well enough that I would know the answers to many/most of the questions I would ask. record the conversations, then type them up with minimal editing for a book. these would be days spent away from anything and anyone in a cabin or similar secluded spot somewhere. I'm not sure what would end up being more interesting: the depth of insight into the subject, or the changing relationship/power struggle in a closed system between interviewer and interviewed.

any ideas?

any volunteers?

i am serious about this.

No comments: